Friday 31 January 2014

Products I've Used Up #1 January 2014

Hey lovelies!
During the last months I've used up quite a lot of products. I didn't even realize how many until I took the photos, so bear with me because this might be quite a long post...

Makeup Empties

Benefit That Gal Face Brightening Primer (30€), Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Honey (old package right corner, new package in the center 35€), Sephora Sheer Glow Primer ( ~ 8€), Chanel Perfection Lumière in 50 Beige ( 47€), L'Oréal Volume Million Lashes Extra Black (12€)








Benefit That Gal Face Brightening Primer
Last summer I bought my first primer after reading good reviews about this. It smells like strawberries and cream (which I like) and creates a smooth base for my foundation. I didn't really see the brightening effect but it definitely made my foundation last longer. However it only lasted me for four months which considering the price tag is a bit disappointing. 

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit 
I was really happy with this concealer kit because it comes with a setting powder which should have prevented creasing. It covered up my under eye circles really well but it would eventually crease and settle into fine lines. 

Sephora Sheer Glow Primer
Ok, this is akward. Back in autumn 2010 I went to Rome and found a Sephora store. You could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw all these products. It was a huge store! I was looking for a liquid shimmer highlighter and saw this little bottle - it said "glow". Long story short - I didn't know it was a primer until last year. Yes, this actually happened... I know. Embarrassing confession of a beauty blogger right here ladies and gentlemen. 
I couldn't find it on the Sephora page anymore, so I guess they discontinued it which is such a shame because I really liked it. The texture was nice, smoothed out my skin and it really gave a glowy complexion - not dewy or shiny but lit from within. 

Chanel Perfection Lumière
Already bought a second one and this time because it's fabulous! Flawless complexion in a bottle. This is pricey yes, but a little goes a long way and it took me one and a half years to use the 30ml up. So I would say it's kind of justified. It gives medium to high coverage and definitely buildable. With it's satin finish it still manages to look luminous and glowing. 

L'Oréal Volume Million Lashes Extra Black
This was a typical "I forgot my mascara"- buy. It was alright but I wouldn't buy it again. It gives a little bit of volume and length but it smudges on my lower lashes.  


Skincare Empties



Soap & Glory Off Your Face Cleansing Cloths (6€), Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel (26€), Clarins Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel (14€), Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover (21,50€)
Soap & Glory Off Your Face Cleansing Cloths
I bought these wipes because they were on sale just before I went on holiday to Malta. They're good to take my face makeup off

Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel
Two years ago I started taking care of my skin. I went to a perfumery in my neighbourhood that has a huge skincare section. The lady there recommended me to start with this Clarins line as it's made for young skin with a few breakouts. 
As you can see I even repurchased it but now I wouldn't. The jar packaging being the main reason. There is another cream with SPF and a pump but it's too rich for my skin. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer so if you know one, please tell me in the comments! 
It has a flowery scent so if you have sensitive skin you should be careful. My skin feels moisturized after using it but it gets quite greasy after only 5 hours. So nope, not going to repurchase this one. 

Clarins Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel
Yep, I still have another one of this in my bathroom. I'm going to use it up because it isn't particulary bad but it's not fantastic either. It's a gentle cleanser but it's doesn't help with my oily T-Zone or with the spots that sometimes appear on my face. Unfortunately a fail product. 

Mary Kay Oil-Free Makeup Remover
I've already talked about it in my 2013 Beauty Favourites. I'm onto my second bottle of this, it's that good! Taking my eye makeup off has never been so easy. 

Bodycare, Haircare Empties & Candles

LUSH Charity Pot / Nächstenliebe (19,99€), Dove Go Fresh (2 - 3€),Yankee Candle "Salted Caramel" and "Fireside Marshmallow" 2,50€ each), Douglas Home Candle "Caribbean Island" 5,95€), BVLGARI White Tea Candle, LUSH Glögg Showergel 250ml (13€), LUSH Ponche Showergel 100ml (8€), Batiste Dry Shampoo in Dark&Deep Brown, L'Oréal Hot&Smooth Straightening Cream (~5€)

LUSH Charity Pot (Nächstenliebe in Germany)
I have to admit that I justified the price tag because every penny (minus the taxes) go to charitable societies chosen by LUSH. As you can see in my LUSH favourites post  I really used to like this body lotion. However I've found better ones with a smaller price tag. Of course I know that all their products are made out of fresh ingredients without any chemical preserving agents the downside to this is that you have to use them rather quickly otherwise they'll start to smell funky. I don't think I'll repurchase it, mostly because I still have a whole drawer full of body care items that I want to use up. 

Dove Go Fresh
You might wonder why I put a deodorant in this post. I heard and read that it is said that aluminium chlorides can cause breast cancer, though this is not proven on living organisms you should look for deodorants without this ingredient because it can cause major irritation to your skin and thus making it very sensitive and itchy. This Dove deodorant does have Aluminium Chlorohydrate so I won't be buying it again. I found a deodorant without this nasty ingredient that works far better than this one! 

Yankee Candle "Salted Caramel" & "Fireside Marshmallow"
Yes, I've finally hopped on the candle bandwagon and bought me some candles. I'm happy I did because I fell in love with the Salted Caramel Candle. Even without burning it filled the whole room with its warm and delicious scent. Fireside Marshmallow was a nice candle too but it wasn't as intense as Salted Caramel. I burned it down and put Salted Caramel on top that's why you can only see one candle in the photo above. I'm impressed with the quality of these Yankee Candles and I'm sure that I will repurchase them sooner than later - I'm looking at you Vanilla Cupcake! 

Douglas Home Candle "Caribbean Island" 
I got this on my 20th birthday and it smelled really like coconut and vanilla - a typical summer scent! The only thing that I don't like is that it didn't burn down as well as the BVLGARI one. There is still some of it left, but I can't burn anymore. Any suggestions on how to use it up entirely? Tell me in the comments! 

BVLGARI White Tea candle
I found this candle at home and really liked the scent when it burned. It looks so tiny but actually lasted for about 8-10 hours. Also, I saw it on sale on Ebay for 29,99$ and I don't think I would ever pay that much for such a little candle. 

LUSH Glögg Shower Gel
Every christmas LUSH has some limited edition showergels and I totally fell for this one two years ago. To me it smelled like mulled wine - spicy, warming and very christmassy until a sales assistant said that it smells like the HARIBO Coca-Cola jelly babies. After hearing that I had to admit that she was right and the scent made me feel slightly sick. I'm still not sure if my anger towards the SA is justified because in the end it's my nose which is acting weird. Random story about a little shower Gel - who would have expected that...
The product itself lathered up really well and filled the whole bathroom with its smell and if it weren't for my strange nose I would still like it.

LUSH Ponche Shower Gel
Another random story about this little shower gel: I bought it for my boyfriend last Christmas ( i gave you my heart and the ver- oh c'mon as if you wouldn't still sing it) and he  we finished it up just before this Christmas and he kept it for me, so I can include it in this post. I loved using it in the morning for it's uplifting and tangerine like smell. It says on the bottle that it even has Tequila in it. What a way to start your morning!
If they would bring it out again I don't think I would buy it again, though. Spending 8€ on such a tiny bottle - meh.  

Batiste Dry Shampoo
I've heard so many people on YouTube talking about this that I wanted to try it. Well, let's just say that I'm not too impressed. For me it didn't do it's job. I want a dry shampoo to make my blow dry to last a little bit longer but this wasn't the case with Batiste. It didn't to anything but making my hair smell like chocolate cookies. Nice touch but not the reason for why I bought it. Maybe I just had a 'bad' bottle and I should try another one. We'll see.

L'Oréal Hot & Smooth Straightening Cream
I bought this ages ago and totally forgot that I had it until I rediscovered it in the depth of my drawers. Does this sound familiar to you? It has that 'salon blow dry'- smell and helps taming my frizz. That's about it, because I didn't experience any of the straightening magic of this cream and I don't even have curly hair. 


I guess every beauty addict gets me when I say that I feel quite proud of myself of using all this products up. This might not make much sense to the others but I'm going to give myself a pat on the back. 

Lots of love,
Dolce x


No comments :

Post a Comment